This fantastic combination of the ultra-stable Profish GT and the incredible Bixpy Jet electric motor makes for the ultimate in hands-free fishing and cruising!
Combine Viking Kayaks high performance and innovative Profish fishing kayaks with Bixpy jet, the world’s most advanced water propulsion system, and you get the ultimate kayak fishing platform for all environments.
The compact yet incredibly powerful Bixpy Jet electric motor will help take your adventures further for less effort and more efficiently than any other form of kayak propulsion on the market. The Bixpy Jet is powered by the latest technology in lithium-ion batteries with up to 10hrs of life per use and achieve speeds up to 9km per hour!
With the Bixpy’s 10 speeds forward, 3 in reverse controlled by a blue tooth remote you can regulate your battery usage using the motor as a paddle assist, slow speed trolling, full speed to chase down fish & maneuver in the tightest of situations.
Truly hands-free control with our Viking foot-controlled rudder system, hold into the wind or current without interrupting your fishing which is particularly useful when holding over fish or up against the structure.
The Viking Profish E kayak will be fitted with the Viking Uphaul System to avoid damaging the motor in shallow water and with the Viking Quick Swap kit you can swap between rudder and motor in seconds.
**The photo shows the optional battery position fitted on the bow, You need to buy the Battery extension kit if you would like the battery mounted up front. The standard package comes with the battery clipped in the rear well**
No trailers no boat ramps, no fuel just pure stealth and efficiency.
The advantages of the Bixpy over pedal powered kayaks are many, but the main things you will enjoy are:
- Light weight at 26kg (pedal kayaks are often over 50kg - try lifting that onto your car!)
- Totally hands-free (pedal kayaks require one hand to control the rudder steering)
- Able to hold into the wind or current by turning the rudder left or right - pedal kayaks are driven from the middle of the kayak, not the rear - this means as soon as the wind pushes you off your holding position, you need to pedal in a big circle to try and get back in position (e.g. trying to stay over a good fishing spot)
- Maintenance free brushless motor. Pedal drives have many moving parts and bearings that need maintenance.
- The Bixpy powered Viking Profish GT is very easy to paddle if you want to.
This is because your seating position is lower, therefore the kayak doesn't need to be so wide to feel stable.
Pedal kayaks, due to needing a raised seat that is adjustable for different leg lengths to reach the pedals, need to be very wide to feel stable enough. This makes for a heavy and difficult kayak to paddle which also gets pushed around in wind due to being high sided.
- The cockpit is still free for a Tackle Pod to carry your fishing gear or other items you want quick and easy access to - pedal drive kayaks have this valuable space taken up with the pedal drive units. (Fishing lines, especially braid, love to get tangled around pedals)