The Bay ST is the original Oru Kayak, launched on Kickstarter in 2012. It’s even in the permanent collection of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Over the years Oru Kayak have thoroughly updated the design to enhance performance, making it easier to assemble and more comfortable to use than its predecessors. It's stable enough for beginners, while the length and contouring make it fast and sporty for experts. There's plenty of room to stash gear for day trips and short camping excursions. Best of all, transforming it from box to boat takes just a few minutes.
- Folds up into the size of a large portfolio or suitcase
- Stash it pretty much anywhere: your car, closet, boat, garage, van, even under your bed
- Standard accessories fit into the folded up boat
- Check it on a plane or hike it into remote waters with the Oru Backpack
- Made of 5mm double-layered custom-extruded polypropylene
- Manufacturer-rated for 20,000 fold cycles
- 10-year UV treatment
- Withstands sliding over rocks or bumping into obstacles under the water
- One-year warranty
- 12.7kg, making it less than half the weight of a traditional kayak
- 136kg weight capacity, allowing room for 1 adult + plenty of gear
- Fits the standard Oru Spray Skirt
- Rollable in the event of a capsize
Oru Kayaks are designed in San Francisco and manufactured in Los Angeles.